- We know that , but what if we want to find the value of . Is it possible to compute its value?
- The answer is YES. But, the result will be a complex number.
- where is also called an imaginary unit.
- In general, a complex number is represented as , where real part and imaginary part.
An example of a complex number written in standard form is .
Powers of Imaginary Unit [i]
- We know that .
- , where is any integer.
Example 1: Simplify .
Example 2: Simplify .
Example 3: Simplify .
Example 4: Simplify .
- When 'i' is raised to the power of any integer, the result can be 1, i, –1, or – i.
- Simplifying complex numbers means transforming the given complex number into the standard form .
- ; . Rather .
- Abhishek Tiwari
- 10 Comments
- 57 Likes